Monday, November 21, 2011

Weaving In & Out

I got so caught up in telling you all my current story that I completely forgot about someone important who's weaved in and out of life over the last few years.  I thought about leaving him out of the blog, but he's been an important part of my life during my bad times, so I gotta tell his tale.  We will call him Ducky.  Why?  Because he tried to woo me over Easter with a Duck.  It was rather cute.

Ducky is a very sweet guy that I met in college.  At the time we met, I was with my now Ex.  So, I shoved him in the friends category until I was single.  I knew the guy was head over heels about me but since I was recently single, I wanted things to go slow.  At the time, my closest friends were my high school buddies who were slowing losing contact with me bc they all went to the big universities filled with tons of boys.  Sad to say, I had no girlfriend at the time who could've understood my circumstances; only guy friends.  Ducky being one of them.

This guy and I got to know each other very well, and we spent almost every day together.  There are secrets we both know about one another that we'll take to our graves.  For fun, we'd go star gazing and just sit there without saying a word to one another.  We'd formed a really deep bond.

Sounds great right?  It was.  My family eventually met him.  Everyone loves him and tells me to marry the guy.  But I fudged it all up.  My Ex had me so manipulated and brainwashed that I got back with him and left this one.  One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life.  I regretted that decision so much.  There are times when I sit and think about that time in my life and I wished I had my now bestie back then to slap me straight. 

But that's just how the cookie crumbles I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment